Visitors to Motril are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, golf courses and wineries. A top sight in the area is Almunecar Beach.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Motril
- The closest major airport is in Granada (GRX-Federico Garcia Lorca), 34.8 mi (56 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Malaga (AGP), 55.9 mi (89.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Motril
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Torrenueva Beach, La joya Beach and Las Americas Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Poniente Beach and Granada Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Motril. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Rusticae Casa de los Bates - With a stay at this 3.5-star country house, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Elba Motril Beach & Business Resort - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Almunecar Beach, located 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Motril
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 35°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Motril is 16 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 34°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C