Visitors can enjoy all that Montefalco has to offer including the wineries, churches and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, museums and local tours. Around the area, top sights include Spoleto Roman Amphitheater (Anfiteatro Romano), Rocca Albornoziana and Ponte delle Torri.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodation options in Montefalco
- The closest major airport is in Perugia (PEG-Sant Egidio), 16.5 mi (26.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Montefalco
Favourite places to visit in the city include Paolo Bea, Gusto Wine Tours and Museo Civico di San Francesco. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Le Cimate Winery and Scacciadiavoli.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Montefalco. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Villa Zuccari Montefalco - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and location.
- Villa Pambuffetti - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Palazzo Bontadosi Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Spoleto Roman Amphitheater (Anfiteatro Romano), 10.8 mi/17.4 km from the heart of the city, and Rocca Albornoziana, which is 11.1 mi (17.9 km) away.
Dressing for Montefalco
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Montefalco gets about 824 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C