Search Hotels in Mons
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 9 Mar 2020
Visitors to Mons are sure to enjoy the churches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and museums. A top sight in the area is Paira Daiza.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Mons
- The closest major airport is in Charleroi (CRL-Brussels South Charleroi), 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Mons
Cultural venues in the city include Mons Memorial Museum, Maison van Gogh and Museum Mons Doudou. The city is notable for its churches and landmarks like Hotel de Ville, Belfry of Mons, and Neolithic Flint Mines at Spiennes. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mayeur Garden and Mons International Congress Xperience.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Mons. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Auberge de Jeunesse de Mons - Hostel - This 2-star hostel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Van Der Valk Hotel Mons Congres - Our customers like the convenient parking and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Le Terminus - Amenities at this 2-star hotel include a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to public transport.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Paira Daiza, 10.1 mi/16.2 km from the heart of the city.
Getting around Mons
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Mons Station, Nimy Station or Obourg Station. Mons might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Mons
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 825.50 millimetres of rain falls on Mons each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C