Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 30 Dec 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 11 Sep 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Modesto, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodation options in Modesto
- The closest major airport is in Modesto, CA (MOD-Modesto City - County), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Stockton, CA (SCK-Stockton Municipal), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Modesto
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Gallo Center for the Arts, State Theatre of Modesto and McHenry Museum and Mansion. Favourite family attractions include Boomers and Blue Diamond Growers. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Vintage Faire Mall is a favourite for retail therapy.
In Livermore, there are 62 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Turlock - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Modesto - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Modesto - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting around Modesto
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Modesto Station. Modesto might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Modesto
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 34°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 35°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- About 322.80 millimetres of rain falls on Modesto each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 34°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 5°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Modesto?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Modesto, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Modesto?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Modesto?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Modesto?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Modesto?
What's the best golf hotel in Modesto?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Modesto?
Modesto Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Modesto by Star Rating
- Hotels near Modesto Airports
- Areas of Modesto
- Accommodation near Modesto Attractions
- More accommodation types in Modesto
- Choose Your Modesto Hotel Style
- Search Modesto Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Modesto
- Hotels Near Modesto, California
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends