Families will find kid-friendly activities in Milpitas, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, live music and entertainment. Top sights around the area include Great Mall of the Bay Area, Levi's Stadium and California's Great America.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Milpitas
- The closest major airport is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Jose, CA (RHV-Reid Hillview), 8.1 mi (13 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Milpitas
The city is notable for landmarks like BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Shirdi Sai Center and Jose Maria Alviso Adobe. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Great Mall of the Bay Area is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Spring Valley Golf Course and Ed Levin County Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Milpitas. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Milpitas Silicon Valley - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Towneplace Suites By Marriott Milpitas - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in North San Jose can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Courtyard by Marriott Milpitas Silicon Valley - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in North San Jose can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Levi's Stadium, 4 mi/6.5 km from the city centre, and Santa Clara Convention Center, which is 4.3 mi/6.9 km away.
Getting around Milpitas
Take advantage of metro transport at Great Mall Station, I-880 Station and Montague Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Milpitas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Milpitas gets about 390 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 6°C