Visiting Reggio di Calabria (province)
History buffs will enjoy a visit to Reggio di Calabria (province), though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the archaeology, museums and castle. Cosy and welcoming, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its parks, musicals and beaches. Top attractions include Museo Nazionale della Magna Grecia and Aragonese Castle.
- There are 90 Reggio di Calabria (province) hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas March is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Reggio di Calabria (REG-Strait of Messina), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Reggio di Calabria (province)
- Taking a ferry is just one of the many top activities, whereas Port of Reggio Calabria and Villa San Giovanni Ferry Terminal are great sights to visit
- Museums and musicals are well-known in the area, and attractions include Museo Nazionale della Magna Grecia, Teatro Francesco Cilea, and Teatro Comunale Francesco Cilea
- Notable for its archaeology sites, castle, monuments and landmarks such as Aragonese Castle, Nava Square, and Villa Zerbi
- The parks, beaches and the sea provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Lido Comunale Zerbi, Caserta Park, and Lido Cuba Libre
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at Stadio Oreste Granillo or PalaCalafiore
Getting around Reggio di Calabria (province)
With so many transport options, getting around Reggio di Calabria (province) is a breeze. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Reggio di Calabria Central Station, Villa San Giovanni Station or Scilla Station. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local marina.
Staying in Reggio di Calabria (province)
With 114 hotels and other accommodations in the city, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates:
- 38 hotels, ranging from GBP 27/night to GBP 132/night
- 10 apartments, ranging from GBP 48/night to GBP 107/night
- 29 B&Bs, ranging from GBP 25/night to GBP 113/night
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Altafiumara Resort & Spa.
You may appreciate one of these highly rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels for a charming or stylish getaway:
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Casa Ferrari with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas B&B Centrale and Altafiumara Resort & Spa are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Reggio di Calabria (province)
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 21°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 13°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Reggio di Calabria (province) is 23 millimetres