Visiting Roccella Jonica
Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Roccella Jonica, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the beaches, restaurants and castle. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its live music, bars and churches.
- There are 3 Roccella Jonica hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas March is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Lamezia Terme (SUF-Lamezia Terme Intl.), 39.7 mi (63.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Roccella Jonica
- Well-known for its live music scene, whereas Roman Theatre is a popular attraction
- Its castle and churches are notable, and landmarks include Cavallaro Tower, Church of San Rocco, and Galea Tower
- The beaches and the sea highlight the natural beauty, and Lido Il Gabbiano, Lido Beach Club Roccella J., and Marmarico Waterfall are several places worth visiting
Getting around Roccella Jonica
Roccella Jonica has plenty of options for transport. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Roccella Jonica Station.
Staying in Roccella Jonica
You might like one of these traveller-recommended, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Hotel & Resort Parco dei Principi
- Hotel Club Kennedy
Hotel & Resort Parco dei Principi, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.4 out of 5 user rating. Also Hotel Club Kennedy has a 4.1 rating by guests.
Dressing for Roccella Jonica
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whereas night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the nighttime average
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Roccella Jonica each year