Search Hotels in Messina
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Messina has to offer including the monuments, cathedral and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views and architecture. Top sights in the city include Cathedral of Messina, Messina Bell Tower and Astronomical Clock and Fountain of Orion.
- There are 123 hotels and other accommodation options in Messina
- The closest major airport is in Reggio di Calabria (REG-Strait of Messina), 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Messina
Cultural venues in the city include Regional Museum of Messina, Messina Theatre and Horcynus Orca. The city is notable for landmarks like Cathedral of Messina, Messina Bell Tower and Astronomical Clock and Fountain of Orion. The picturesque setting of Lake Ganzirri and Orto Botanico Pietro Castelli dell'Universita di Messina (Orto botanico di Messina) exemplify the city's natural beauty.
Other top sights in Messina include Church of Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani and Messina Fountain of Neptune. Top places to see outside the city include National Archaeological Museum of Reggio Calabria, located 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Aragonese Castle, which is 7.7 mi (12.4 km) away.
Getting around Messina
With so many ways to get around, seeing Messina is simple. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Messina Marittima Station, Messina Centrale Station or Gazzi Station. You can catch a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Messina
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 11°C as the night-time average
- About 676.40 millimetres of rain falls on Messina each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 11°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Messina?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Messina, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Messina?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Messina?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Messina?
Where's the best place to stay in Messina to learn about local history?
Messina Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Messina by Star Rating
- Hotels near Messina Airports
- Areas of Messina
- Accommodation near Messina Attractions
- More accommodation types in Messina
- Choose Your Messina Hotel Style
- Search Messina Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Messina
- Hotels Near Messina, Sicily
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends