Visiting Manitoulin Island
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Manitoulin Island, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the hiking, golfing and waterfalls. Cultural and scenic landscape, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its island, museums and mountains.
- There are 7 Manitoulin Island hotels
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
Sightseeing around Manitoulin Island
- Top activities include golfing and a marina, whereas Meldrum Bay Marina is a great place to visit
- Well-known for its museums and cultural attractions, such as Centennial Museum of Sheguiandah and Assiginack Museum Heritage Complex
- Notable landmarks include Church of the Immaculate Conception, St. Francis of Assisi Anglican Church, and Mississagi Lighthouse
- The hiking trails, waterfalls and island provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Pirate's Cove, Mindemoya Town Park, and Bass Lake
Getting around Manitoulin Island
Manitoulin Island has many options for getting around. You can explore your options for water transport at the marina.
Staying in Manitoulin Island
Searching for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy these top-rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- Red Lodge Resort
- The Meldrum Bay Inn
Red Lodge Resort, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.5 out of 5 user rating. Also The Meldrum Bay Inn has a 4.4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Manitoulin Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 5°C and the nighttime average to be -13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -11°C at night
- About 32 millimetres of rain falls on Manitoulin Island each year