Visitors to Madurai are sure to enjoy the temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, rivers and festivals. A top sight in the city is Meenakshi Amman Temple.
- There are 107 hotels and other accommodation options in Madurai
- The closest major airport is in Madurai (IXM), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Madurai
The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Meenakshi Amman Temple, Thirumalai Nayak Palace, and Vandiyur Mariamman Teppakulam. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gandhi Museum - Madurai and ISKCON Madurai, Sri Sri Radha Mathurapati Temple.
In Vadipatti, you can choose from 107 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Madurai - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Fortune Pandiyan Hotel- Member ITC Hotel Group - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting around Madurai
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Madurai Junction Station, Madurai East Station or Thiruparankundram Station. Madurai may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Madurai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 38°C during the day and 23°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 40°C, whilst the average at night is 27°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 38°C with night-time averages of 27°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 35°C and night-time averages of 24°C
- Average annual rainfall for Madurai is 869.40 millimetres
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 39°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°C