Visitors can enjoy all that Luverne has to offer including the parks and golf courses. There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Montgomery, AL (MGM-Montgomery Regional), 41.1 mi (66.2 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Luverne
The picturesque setting of Douglas Park and Luverne Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Luverne Golf Club to your agenda.
As you start planning for your getaway to Luverne, you might not find accommodation options in the heart of the city, but you can choose from 12 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Perfect for Business Travel, Stopover on Beach Route or Extended Stay is located 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the heart of Luverne. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Troy can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Troy is 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from central Luverne. This 2-star hotel in Troy features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Troy is 19.2 mi (31 km) from the centre of Luverne. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Troy can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Luverne
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 23°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Luverne gets about 1321 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C