Visitors can enjoy all that Longforgan has to offer including the restaurants, bars and coffee shops. This city also attracts tourists with its cosy and welcoming setting. Around the area, top sights include Verdant Works, Discovery Point and Glamis Castle.
- There are 436 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Dundee (DND), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Edinburgh (EDI), 36.2 mi (58.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Longforgan
Verdant Works, Discovery Point and Glamis Castle are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find J.M. Barrie's Birthplace and V&A Dundee.
As you make plans for a getaway to Longforgan, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city centre but there are 100 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- The Longforgan Coaching Inn is located 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the heart of Longforgan. This 3-star inn in Dundee features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- Fairmont St Andrews is 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from central Longforgan. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in St. Andrews can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include West Park, 4.2 mi/6.8 km from the heart of the city, and Scone Palace, which is 12.3 mi (19.7 km) away.
Dressing for Longforgan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Longforgan gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C