Visitors to Lismore are sure to enjoy the casinos and cafes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and golf courses.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodation options in Lismore
- The closest major airport is in Lismore, NSW (LSY), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway), 17 mi (27.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lismore
The city's cultural venues include Lismore Regional Gallery and Casino Folk Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Nightcap National Park, Queen Elizabeth Park and Rocky Creek Dam. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Nimbin Markets and Casino Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Lismore. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Melville House - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Alstonville Settlers Motel - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Byron Hinterland Villas - With a stay at this 4.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with a private spa tub. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Tallow Beach, 22.9 mi/36.9 km from the city centre, and Main Beach, which is 23.9 mi (38.4 km) away.
Getting around Lismore
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Casino Station or Kyogle Station. Lismore may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lismore
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 15°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 10°C as the night-time average
- About 33 millimetres of rain falls on Lismore each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C