Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Kingston, which is also known for its museums and port. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its cafes, entertainment and shopping. Top sights in the city include National Gallery of Jamaica, Emancipation Park and Devon House.
- There are 423 hotels and other accommodation options in Kingston
- The closest major airport is in Kingston (KIN-Norman Manley Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Ocho Rios (OCJ-Ian Fleming Intl.), 32.1 mi (51.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kingston
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Gallery of Jamaica, Bob Marley Museum and African-Caribbean Heritage Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Devon House, Independence Park and Sir Alexander Bustamante's House. The city's natural beauty is on display at Emancipation Park, National Heroes Park and Mandela Park.
In Saint Andrew Parish, there are 423 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Neita's Nest - Jamaican Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features a full-service spa, free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to the airport and room size.
- BLS Wellness Guest House - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Chester Avenue Bed & Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Barbican can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Somerset Falls, located 21.3 mi (34.2 km) from the city centre, and Hellshire Beach, which is 8.4 mi (13.5 km) away.
Dressing for Kingston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 30°C and the night-time average to be 19°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 21°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Kingston gets about 861 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°C