Visitors can enjoy all that Kiel has to offer including the museums, seaside and aquarium. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, festivals and wineries. Top sights in the city include Sparkassen-Arena and Kiel Canal.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodation options in Kiel
- The closest major airport is in Luebeck (LBC), 42.4 mi (68.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hamburg (HAM), 48 mi (77.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kiel
Cultural venues in the city include City and Maritime Museum, Kiel Opera House and Zoological Museum of the University of Kiel. The city is notable for landmarks like Old Market Square Kiel, Kieler Schloss and Aquarium GEOMAR. The city's natural beauty is on display at Kiel Canal, Kieler Förde and Old Botanical Garden.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 49 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Kiel. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Atlantic Hotel Kiel - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Vorstadt can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Hotel Tom Kyle - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Damperhof features free breakfast, free WiFi and a fitness centre.
- Hotel Birke, Ringhotel Kiel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Hasseldieksdamm can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Other top sights in Kiel include Sparkassen-Arena.
Getting around Kiel
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Kiel Central Station, Kiel-Hassee CITTI-PARK Station or Suchsdorf Station. Kiel might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kiel
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kiel is 32 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C