History buffs will enjoy a visit to Kaltenbach, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums, monuments, and castle. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming and cosy, countryside city has to offer, including its skiing, restaurants, and mountains.
- There are 4 Kaltenbach hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Innsbruck (INN-Kranebitten), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Kaltenbach
- Top activities include skiing and taking an adventure tour, while Hochzillertal Ski Resort, Hochzillertal Cable Car, and Hochfuegen Ski Resort are favourite sights to visit
- Well-known for its museums, the Swarowski Crystal Worlds is a popular attraction
- Notable for its historic sites, monuments, castle, and landmarks such as Parish Church of St. Veit, Rosenalm Cable Car, and Spieljoch Cable Car
- The mountains, countryside, and glaciers exemplify the natural beauty, and some places to consider visiting are Finkenberger Alm I Cable Car and Gerlos Pass
Kaltenbach is adjacent to Stumm. Popular sights in the area include Erlebnistherme Zillertal and Strasser House Museum.
Staying in Kaltenbach
You might like Hotel Hochzillertal, averaging GBP 93.88 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. Hotel Hochzillertal, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.8 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Kaltenbach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, while the average at night is 2°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 25°C with nighttime averages of 7°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and nighttime averages of -6°C
- Average annual rainfall for Kaltenbach is 859 millimetres