Visiting Jolly Harbour
Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Jolly Harbour, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the beaches, dancing and live music. Relaxing and welcoming, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its island, entertainment and restaurants.
- There are 19 Jolly Harbour hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas August is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in St. John's (ANU-V.C. Bird Intl.), 8.2 mi (13.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Jolly Harbour
- Taking a tour is just one of the many top activities, whereas Kitesurf Antigua and Carpenter's Rock Trailhead are great sights to visit
- Known for its live music scene, whereas Museum of Antigua and Barbuda, Antigua Megaplex 8, and Coates Cottage Art Gallery are some local cultural sights
- Notable landmarks include Nelson's Dockyard, Fort James, and Devil's Bridge
- The beaches, island and the sea provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Mosquito Cove Beach, Dickenson Bay Beach, and Valley Church Beach
Staying in Jolly Harbour
With 31 hotels and other accommodations in Jolly Harbour, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 13 villas ranging from GBP 118 to GBP 118 per night.
For trips with large groups, you might prefer a property such as the highly rated Jolly Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive.
Seeking a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You may appreciate these top-rated, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Sugar Ridge
- Guesthouse Antigua Chiama Italia
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Sugar Ridge with a 4.3 out of 5 user rating, whereas Guesthouse Antigua Chiama Italia and Jolly Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Jolly Harbour
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 21°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, while the average at night is 22°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 30°C and nighttime averages of 22°C
- Average annual rainfall for Jolly Harbour is 983 millimetres