Visiting Islay Island
Visitors to Islay Island are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, local tours and seaside.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Islay Island
- The closest major airport is in Islay (ILY), 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Colonsay, Scotland (CSA), 21.9 mi (35.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Islay Island
Cultural venues in the city include Bowmore Distillery, Bruichladdich Distillery and Kilchoman Distillery. The city's natural beauty is on display at An Tràigh, Port ban and Port Mor. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Laphroaig Distillery and Lagavulin Distillery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Islay Island. Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Glenegedale House - This 5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its comfortable beds and walkable location.
Dressing for Islay Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 15°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Islay Island gets about 1011.90 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 15°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C