Visitors can enjoy all that Idukki has to offer including its mountain views. A top sight in the city is Periyar National Park.
- There are 312 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Cochin (COK-Cochin Intl.), 42.6 mi (68.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Idukki
The picturesque setting of Periyar National Park and Hill View Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Idukki Dam to your agenda.
As you plan your trip to Idukki, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can select from 312 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- The Leaf Munnar Resort is located 13.2 mi (21.3 km) from the heart of Idukki. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Munnar can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and pool.
- Palette Hill View Resort Vagamon is 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from central Idukki. This 3-star resort in Pirmed features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Fragrant Nature Munnar is 16.1 mi (26 km) from the centre of Idukki. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Munnar can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room fireplace. Our customers like its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Idukki
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 37°C and the night-time average to be 18°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 37°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Idukki is 661.20 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 36°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°C