History buffs enjoy visiting Helsingor though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, art and waterfront.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in Helsingor
- The closest major airport is in Helsingborg (AGH-Angelholm), 20 mi (32.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Copenhagen (CPH-Kastrup), 28.1 mi (45.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Helsingor
The city's cultural venues include Danmarks Tekniske Museum and Museum for Sofart. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Kronborg Slot (Elsinore Castle) and Saint Olai's Church. In the area, you'll also find Ferry Terminal and Karnan.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Helsingor. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Marienlyst Strandhotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Hotel Hamlet - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar.
- Konventum Konferencecenter - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting around Helsingor
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Helsingør Station, Helsingor Gronnehave Station or Helsingor Marienlyst Station. Helsingor may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Helsingor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- Helsingor gets about 741.70 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C