Visitors can enjoy all that Heathrow has to offer including the university setting, entertainment choices and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's beaches, golf courses and shopping. Top sights around the area include Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens, Blue Springs State Park and Orlando Science Center.
- You'll find 34065 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Orlando
- The closest major airport is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 23.9 mi (38.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Heathrow
A favourite place to visit in the city is Magnolia Plantation Golf Club. Additionally, in the area you'll find Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens and Blue Springs State Park.
As you plan your holiday to Heathrow, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city centre but there are 102 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Mary is located 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Lake Mary can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando North is located within 1.5 mi (2.4 km) of the city centre. This 3-star hotel in Lake Mary features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its bar and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Orlando Science Center, located 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the city centre, and Amway Center, which is 16 mi (25.7 km) away.
Dressing for Heathrow
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 26°C and the night-time average to be 9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September averages 34°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- About 1347 millimetres of rain falls on Heathrow each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 34°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 10°C