Visitors can enjoy all that Hampton has to offer including the beaches, shopping and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Brighton Beach, Caulfield Racecourse and Luna Park.
- You'll find 2715 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 20.5 mi (32.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hampton
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Brighton Beach, Caulfield Racecourse and Luna Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find St Kilda Beach and Chadstone Shopping Mall.
As you plan your holiday to Hampton, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 2119 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Anchorage Apartments Hampton is located 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from the heart of Hampton. This 4-star apartment in Hampton features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities. Expedia travellers love its convenient parking and high-quality beds.
- Boutique Stays - Hampton Hub is 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from central Hampton. Guests who stay at this 4-star motel in Melbourne can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Royal Botanic Gardens, 7.7 mi/12.4 km from the heart of the city, and Spirit of Tasmania Ferry Terminal, which is 7.8 mi (12.6 km) away.
Getting around Hampton
Head to Hampton Station to catch the metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Hampton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hampton is 278.70 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C