Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hammond, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events.
- There are 57 hotels and other accommodation options in Hammond
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 37.8 mi (60.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Baton Rouge, LA (BTR-Baton Rouge Metropolitan), 41.4 mi (66.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hammond
The city's cultural venues include Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum and Louisiana Children's Discovery Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Tickfaw State Park, Fontainebleau State Park and Zemurray Park. Golfing is a top activity, and Covington Trailhead is one place to visit.
In Ponchatoula, you'll find 57 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Southern Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and central location.
- Holiday Inn Express Covington-Madisonville - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Villas at Carter Plantation - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, a conference centre and a seasonal outdoor pool.
Getting around Hammond
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Hammond Station. Hammond might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Hammond
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 24°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 4°C as the night-time average
- Hammond gets about 1597.80 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C