Visiting Baton Rouge
Travellers to Baton Rouge give high marks for the exciting football matches, riverfront and casinos. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, university setting and shopping. Top sights in the city include Baton Rouge River Center, Hollywood Casino and Tiger Stadium.
- There are 146 hotels and other accommodation options in Baton Rouge
- The closest major airport is in Baton Rouge, LA (BTR-Baton Rouge Metropolitan), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lafayette, LA (LFT-Lafayette Regional), 51.4 mi (82.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Baton Rouge
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Baton Rouge River Center, Capitol Park Museum and Shaw Center for the Arts. Attractions like Blue Bayou Waterpark, Baton Rouge Zoo and Rockstar Racing are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Pentagon Barracks, Old State Capitol and Howard Wilkinson Bridge.
In Baker, you can choose from 146 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Stockade Bed and Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Highlands - Perkins can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Best Western Plus Executive Residency Ascension Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Gonzales, LA - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Baton Rouge include Hollywood Casino, Tiger Stadium and Mall of Louisiana.
Dressing for Baton Rouge
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 25°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Baton Rouge gets about 1539 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C