Visiting Gualdo Cattaneo
Visitors can enjoy all that Gualdo Cattaneo has to offer including the local tours, shopping and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its countryside and scenic setting. Around the area, top sights include Basilica of Santa Chiara, Roman Temple of Minerva and Cathedral of San Rufino.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodation options in Gualdo Cattaneo
- The closest major airport is in Perugia (PEG-Sant Egidio), 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Gualdo Cattaneo
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Basilica of Santa Chiara, Roman Temple of Minerva and Cathedral of San Rufino. Additionally, in the area you'll find Eremo delle Carceri and Basilica San Pietro.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Gualdo Cattaneo. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Relais Paradiso is located 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city centre. This farm house in Gualdo Cattaneo features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Agriturismo I Portoreschi is located in the heart of Gualdo Cattaneo. With a stay at this farm house in Gualdo Cattaneo, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private patio.
- La Locanda del Prete is 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the city's heart. With a stay at this country house in Gualdo Cattaneo, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchen.
Popular places to see around the area include Spoleto Roman Amphitheater (Anfiteatro Romano), located 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Rocca Paolina, which is 16 mi/25.7 km away.
Dressing for Gualdo Cattaneo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 4°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Gualdo Cattaneo is 745 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C