Visitors to Gdynia are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, sightseeing tours and sporting events. Top sights around the area include PGE Arena Gdansk, Golden Gate and St. Mary's Church.
- You'll find 879 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Gdansk
- The closest major airport is in Gdansk (GDN-Lech Walesa), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Gdynia
Cultural venues in the city include City of Gdynia Museum, Danuta Baduszkowa Music Theatre and Navy Museum. Attractions like Gdynia Aquarium and Kolibki Adventure Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Kosciuszki Square, InfoBox – Observatory of Changes and Dar Pomorza.
In Sopot, you can choose from 56 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Relais & Châteaux Hotel Quadrille - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Śródmieście can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Kuracyjny - This 3-star hotel in Orlowo features a full-service spa, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include PGE Arena Gdansk, located 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Golden Gate, which is 11.9 mi/19.2 km away.
Getting around Gdynia
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Gdynia Central Station or Gdynia Orlowo Station. Gdynia may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Gdynia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -3°C at night
- About 23 millimetres of rain falls on Gdynia each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -4°C