Visitors to Fitzroy are sure to enjoy the gardens, bars and cafes. Urban and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its museums and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Melbourne Museum, Princess Theatre and Her Majesty's Theatre.
- You'll find 2732 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 6.7 mi (10.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fitzroy
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Melbourne Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Rose Street Artists' Market is a favourite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Brunswick Street to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 37 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Fitzroy. Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Melbourne Metropole Central - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Princess Theatre, 0.7 mi/1.1 km from the heart of the city, and Her Majesty's Theatre, which is 0.8 mi (1.3 km) away.
Dressing for Fitzroy
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- About 278.70 millimetres of rain falls on Fitzroy each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C