Great location on the royal mile - close to Arthur’s seat. It was okay for literally going to bath and sleep - we only went in and out. However, our room was not kept in clean condition. It was dusty; the bathroom was small, mold on the bathroom floor; no A/C, we had a very small window (we could not open it any more) and it got really stuffy in the room. The room also had a terrible smell (combination of cigarettes and old smell). The lady in the reception was nice enough to give us a fan, but it was extremely dusty and we couldn’t even use it (she warned me it hadn’t been used in months). We had to buy a candle to help with the smell of the room. I wanted to be honest with our stay, to warn others. If all you need is to bath and sleep it’s okay, but be warned about the smell, coolness, and cleanliness.