Visiting Easter Island
History buffs will enjoy exploring Easter Island, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its seaside.
- There are 100 hotels and other accommodation options in Easter Island
- The closest major airport is in Hanga Roa (IPC-Mataveri Intl.), 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Easter Island
Cultural venues in the city include Ahu Akivi, Ahu Tongariki and Museo Antropologico Sebastian Englert. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Rano Raraku, Ahu Tahai, and Ahu Akahanga. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Anakena Beach, Ranu Kau and Te Pahu Caves.
Dressing for Easter Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 16°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 15°C
- About 923.00 millimetres of rain falls on Easter Island each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas September and October are often coldest, averaging 15°C