Search Donegal Hotels, Donegal
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Donegal, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its lakeside setting.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Donegal
- The closest major airport is in Letterkenny (LTR-Letterkenny Airfield), 27.1 mi (43.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Donegal (CFN), 28.1 mi (45.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Donegal
Attractions like Donegal Castle and Donegal Bay Waterbus are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as O'Donnel's Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and such places to visit as Ardnamona Gardens and Bluestack Mountains.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Donegal. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Gateway Lodge Donegal - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a coffee shop, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- The Lodge at Harvey's Point - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Donamar House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free Internet. Expedia customers like its comfortable rooms and location.
Dressing for Donegal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 813 millimetres of rain falls on Donegal each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Donegal?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Donegal, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Donegal?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Donegal?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Donegal?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Donegal?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Donegal?
What's the best accommodation in Donegal to be near historical sites?
Donegal Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Donegal by Star Rating
- Hotels near Donegal Airports
- Accommodation near Donegal Attractions
- More accommodation types in Donegal
- Choose Your Donegal Hotel Style
- Search Donegal Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Donegal
- Hotels Near Donegal, Donegal
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends