Search Hotels in Cortez
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 12 Sep 2020
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Cortez, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful parks and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's archaeological sites and museums. A top sight in the city is Mesa Verde National Park Entrance.
- There are 70 hotels and other accommodation options in Cortez
- The closest major airport is in Cortez, CO (CEZ-Montezuma County), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Durango, CO (AMK-Animas Air Park), 40.6 mi (65.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cortez
Cultural venues in the city include Spruce Tree House, Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum and Cortez Cultural Center. The city is notable for landmarks like Long House, Cliff Palace and Balcony House. The mountains, parks and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Mesa Verde National Park Entrance, Mesa Verde Visitor and Research Center and Canyons of the Ancients National Monument are worth a visit.
In Dolores, there are 70 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Mesa Verde/Cortez - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Retro Inn at Mesa Verde - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this motel. This 2-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Sophia Retreat and Event Center - With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Dressing for Cortez
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -9°C at night
- Cortez gets about 319.40 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -8°C