Visitors to Coromandel are sure to enjoy the port, spas and gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Cathedral Cove and Cooks Beach.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Coromandel
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.), 42 mi (67.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Coromandel
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Long Bay and Coromandel Historical Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Driving Creek Railway and Coromandel Goldfields Centre & Stamper Battery.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Coromandel. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Coromandel Court Motel - This 4-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and a spa tub. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its WiFi and clean, quiet rooms.
- Harbour View Motel Coromandel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 4-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and a spa tub.
- Anchor Lodge Motel Coromandel - This 4-star motel features an outdoor pool, free parking and a spa tub. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Cathedral Cove, 18.8 mi/30.2 km from the heart of the city, and Cooks Beach, which is 15.9 mi (25.7 km) away.
Dressing for Coromandel
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 23°C and the night-time average to be 14°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 16°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Coromandel gets about 1247.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 8°C