Visitors to Conway are sure to enjoy the beaches, university setting and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, theatres and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Broadway at the Beach, Ripley's Aquarium and The Market Common.
- You'll find 5910 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Myrtle Beach
- The closest major airport is in Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in North Myrtle Beach, SC (CRE-Grand Strand), 19 mi (30.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Conway
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Conway Riverwalk. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Coastal Carolina University and Horry Georgetown Technical College. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wild Wing Plantation - Advocet Course and Shaftesbury Glen Golf and Fish Club.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Conway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Econo Lodge at The University - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Comfort Suites - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Broadway at the Beach, 12.2 mi/19.6 km from the city centre, and Ripley's Aquarium, which is 12.5 mi/20.1 km away.
Dressing for Conway
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 22°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Conway gets about 1322 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 2°C