Families will find kid-friendly activities in Florence, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment. Top sights in the city include Magnolia Mall and Florence Civic Center.
- There are 71 hotels and other accommodation options in Florence
- The closest major airport is in Florence, SC (FLO-Florence Regional), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Florence
Cultural venues in the city include Florence Museum, Dillon County Theater and Hartsville Museum. Families come for attractions such as Kalmia Gardens, Eastern Carolina Agricultural Fairgrounds and Fryar's Topiary Garden. Notable city landmarks like Florence National Cemetery and Columns Plantation might be worth a visit.
In Marion, there are 71 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Rosewood Manor House Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Mantissa Executive Suites and Spa - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Staybridge Suites Florence - Civic Center - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
Other top sights in Florence include Magnolia Mall and Florence Civic Center.
Getting around Florence
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Florence Station or Dillon Station. Florence might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Florence
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 22°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Florence is 1089.80 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C