Visiting Chateaux de la Loire
History buffs will enjoy exploring Chateaux de la Loire, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. Walkable and secluded, this city will delight tourists with its cafes, wineries and cathedrals. Top sights in the city include Parc des Expositions de Tours, Tours Cathedral and Chateau de Montsoreau.
- There are 1283 hotels and other accommodation options in Chateaux de la Loire
- The closest major airport is in Tours (TUF-Tours - Loire Valley), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Angers (ANE-Angers - Loire), 51.7 mi (83.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chateaux de la Loire
Cultural venues in the city include Musee des Beaux-Arts, Clos Lucé Castle and Chateau Azay-Le-Rideau. Attractions like Grand Aquarium of Touraine and Mini-Chateaux Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its historic sites and cathedrals are notable and landmarks include Tours Cathedral, Chateau de Montsoreau and Royal Abbey of Fontevaud.
In Chambord, there are 1283 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Manoir Plessis Bellevue - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and an outdoor pool. Expedia travellers love its pool and location.
- La Rochelière - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Le Domaine du Héron - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favourite sights in Chateaux de la Loire include Parc des Expositions de Tours, Chateau de Saumur and Chateau de Breze. A popular place to see outside the city is Zoo Parc Beauval, located 29.4 mi (47.3 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Chateaux de la Loire
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Veigne Station, Montbazon Station or Joue-les-Tours Station. Chateaux de la Loire might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chateaux de la Loire
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 672 millimetres of rain falls on Chateaux de la Loire each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C