Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Cavendish, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants, golf courses and museums. A top sight in the city is Cavendish Beach.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodation options in Cavendish
- The closest major airport is in Charlottetown, PEI (YYG), 18 mi (29 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cavendish
Cultural venues in the city include Fantazmagoric Museum of the Strange and Unusual, Wax World of the Stars and Ripley's Believe It or Not. Attractions like Shining Waters Family Fun Park and Sandspit Cavendish Beach are fun for everyone, not just kids. Notable city landmarks like Site of Lucy Maud Montgomery's Cavendish Home and Green Gables Heritage Place might be worth a visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Cavendish. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Cavendish Motel - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Anne Shirley Motel & Cottages - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Shining Waters Country Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Cavendish include Cavendish Beach.
Dressing for Cavendish
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 4°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -14°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and -10°C as the night-time average
- Cavendish gets about 1174 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -12°C