History buffs will enjoy exploring Butte, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its festivals and bars.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodation options in Butte
- The closest major airport is in Butte, MT (BTM-Bert Mooney), 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Helena, MT (HLN-Helena Regional), 48.8 mi (78.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Butte
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Star Theater, World Museum of Mining and Mineral Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Copper King Mansion and Our Lady of the Rockies. The picturesque setting of Georgetown Lake and Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Whitehall, you'll find 62 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Copper King Convention Center, Ascend Hotel Collection - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Butte - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Hickory House Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a free manager's reception, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Butte
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -14°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -15°C as the night-time average
- Butte gets about 324 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -14°C