History buffs will enjoy exploring Helena, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its local tours.
- There are 72 hotels and other accommodation options in Helena
- The closest major airport is in Helena, MT (HLN-Helena Regional), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Helena
Cultural venues in the city include Exploration Works, Montana Historical Society Museum and Holter Museum of Art. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Cathedral of St. Helena, Cathedral Church of St. Peter, and Reeder's Alley. The city's natural beauty is on display at Canyon Ferry Lake, Devil's Tower and Gates of the Mountains Marina.
In Montana City, there are 72 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Carolina Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its bar and quiet rooms.
- THE BARRISTER BED & BREAKFAST - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Dressing for Helena
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -12°C at night
- Helena gets about 284.90 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of -10°C