Families will find kid-friendly activities in Brunswick, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Around the area, top sights include Melbourne Zoo, Melbourne Museum and Queen Victoria Market.
- You'll find 2705 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 9.1 mi (14.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Brunswick
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Melbourne Zoo, Melbourne Museum and Queen Victoria Market. Additionally, in the area you'll find Melbourne Central and Her Majesty's Theatre.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Brunswick. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Melbourne's Princes Park Motor Inn - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Parkville Motel - Our customers like the convenient parking and central location at this motel. This 3-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities.
- Brunswick Tower Hotel - This 3-star motel in Brunswick North features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers love its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Princess Theatre, 3.1 mi/5 km from the city centre, and Bourke Street Mall, which is 3.3 mi/5.3 km away.
Getting around Brunswick
Walk to nearby metro stations such as Brunswick Station, Anstey Station and Jewell Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Brunswick
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Brunswick is 12 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C