Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Brig, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffee shops. Jungfraujoch, Saas-Fee Ski Resort and Aletsch Glacier are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Brig
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 31.1 mi (50 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Brig
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and Brigerbad Thermal Pools. Additionally, you might want to add Stockalper Palace to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Brig. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Victoria - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free Internet. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Good Night Inn - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free Internet.
- Hotel Europe Garni - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Jungfraujoch, 17.9 mi/28.8 km from the city centre, and Saas-Fee Ski Resort, which is 13 mi (21 km) away.
Getting around Brig
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Brig Station. Brig might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Brig
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Brig gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C