Travellers to Breckenridge give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views and riverfront. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its breweries, shopping and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Main Street, Breckenridge Ski Resort and Dillon Reservoir.
- There are 2793 hotels and other accommodation options in Breckenridge
- The closest major airport is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 47.4 mi (76.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Breckenridge
Cultural venues in the city include Breckenridge Riverwalk Center, Barney Ford House Museum and Edwin Carter Museum. The mountains, hiking trails and rivers highlight the city's natural beauty, and Dillon Reservoir, Carter Park and Maggie Pond are worth a visit. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Main Street is a favourite for retail therapy.
In Frisco, there are 2793 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort - This 4-star resort in Peak 8 features 2 indoor pools, 3 restaurants and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Breckenridge - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Historic District can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Crystal Peak Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its pool and room size.
Other top sights in Breckenridge include Breckenridge Ski Resort. Outside the city, top places to visit include Copper Mountain Ski Resort, located 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city centre, and Keystone Ski Resort, which is 9.9 mi (15.9 km) away.
Dressing for Breckenridge
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 4°C and the night-time average to be -16°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and -10°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and -16°C at night
- Breckenridge gets about 315 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -15°C