Families will find kid-friendly activities in Binghamton, and visitors give high marks for the university vibe, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, entertainment and theatres. Top sights in the city include NYSEG Stadium, Roberson Museum and Science Center and Discovery Center.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodation options in Binghamton
- The closest major airport is in Binghamton, NY (BGM-Greater Binghamton), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cortland, NY (CTX-Cortland County), 37.6 mi (60.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Binghamton
Well known for its theatres, the city's cultural venues include Roberson Museum and Science Center, Discovery Center and Phelps Mansion Museum. Families come for attractions such as Ross Park Zoo, Municipal Stadium and Ross Park Carousel. The city's natural beauty is on display at Otsiningo Park, Arnold Park and Glendale Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Binghamton. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Binghamton - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, NY - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hampton Inn Owego - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Binghamton include NYSEG Stadium and Waterman Conservation Education Center. Outside the city, popular places to see include Greek Peak Mountain Resort, located 30.7 mi (49.4 km) from the city centre, and Cascades Indoor Waterpark, which is 31 mi/49.8 km away.
Dressing for Binghamton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and -8°C at night
- About 998.20 millimetres of rain falls on Binghamton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -8°C