Search Hotels in Bern
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Bern
Old City of Bern
5/5Exceptional!(31 area reviews)
Unique features of Old City of Bern include the historical sites and museums. Make a stop by Clock Tower (Zeitglockenturm) or Berner Munster while you're exploring the area.
If you're spending some time in Grünes Quartier, Clock Tower (Zeitglockenturm) and Berner Munster are top sights worth seeing.
While visiting Weisses Quartier, you might make a stop by sights like Berner Munster and Bern Town Hall (Rathaus Bern).
If you're spending some time in Kirchenfeld-Schosshalde, Bern Rose Garden and Paul Klee Museum are top sights worth seeing.
4.5/5Wonderful!(17 area reviews)
While visiting Breitenrain-Lorraine, you might make a stop by sights like Stade de Suisse and Bern Expo.
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Bern, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums and festivals. Top sights in the city include Bundeshaus (Swiss Parliament), Clock Tower (Zeitglockenturm) and Bern Art Museum (Kunstmuseum).
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodation options in Bern
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bern
The city is well known for its museums and festivals, and cultural venues include Bern Art Museum (Kunstmuseum), Bern Historical Museum and Paul Klee Museum. Attractions like Bear Pits (Barengraben), BärenPark and Bärengraben are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Clock Tower (Zeitglockenturm), Berner Munster, and French Church.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 40 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Bern. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bellevue Palace Hotel - This 5-star hotel in Old City of Bern features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Youth Hostel Bern - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hostel. This 2-star hostel in Sandrain features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Marthahaus - This 2.5-star hotel in Breitenrain-Lorraine features free breakfast, free WiFi and parking. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Bern include Bundeshaus (Swiss Parliament) and Stade de Suisse Wankdorf. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Schloss Schadau, located 16.7 mi (26.8 km) from the city centre, and Lake Biel, which is 16.2 mi (26 km) away.
Getting around Bern
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Bern Station. Bern may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Bern
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Bern gets about 28 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of -3°C