Visitors can enjoy all that Benson has to offer including the festivals, entertainment choices and jazz scene. This city also attracts tourists with its cosy and countryside setting. Top sights in the area include Fort Bragg, Crown Center and Cross Creek Mall.
- You'll find 91 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Fayetteville
- The closest major airport is in Fayetteville, NC (FAY-Fayetteville Regional), 35.1 mi (56.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 36.2 mi (58.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Benson
Places to visit in the larger region include Bentonville Battlefield State Historic Site, Carolina Premium Outlets and Carroll Howard Johnson Environmental Park. You'll also find General William C. Lee Airborne Museum and Ava Gardner Museum in the area.
Below is a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Benson - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek, 24.4 mi/39.2 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Benson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 20°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- About 1215 millimetres of rain falls on Benson each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C