Visitors to Beaune are sure to enjoy the wineries, local tours and cafes. The walkable and countryside setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the area is Chateau de Pommard.
- There are 149 hotels and other accommodation options in Beaune
- The closest major airport is in Dole (DLE-Franche-Comte Regional), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Beaune
Cultural venues in the city include Burgundy Wine Museum, Hospices de Beaune and Edmond Fallot La Moutarderie. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Collegiate Church of Notre-Dame. Wine tasting, cycling and taking a tour are top activities, while sights to visit include Maison Alex Gambal Winery, Marche Aux Vins Winery and Patriarche Père et Fils.
In Montagny-les-Beaune, you'll find 149 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel La Villa Fleurie - Amenities at this hotel include free WiFi and a coffee shop. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- L'Hôtel de Beaune - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Beaune City Centre features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar.
- Hôtel Le Cep - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Beaune City Centre can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Chateau de Pommard, 2.1 mi/3.3 km from the centre of the city.
Getting around Beaune
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Beaune Station. Beaune might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Beaune
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Beaune gets about 695.60 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C