Visitors can enjoy all that Chalon-sur-Saone has to offer including the wineries, monuments and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, sightseeing tours and coffee shops. A top sight in the area is Chateau de Pommard.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Chalon-sur-Saone
- The closest major airport is in Dole (DLE-Franche-Comte Regional), 32.2 mi (51.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Chalon-sur-Saone
The city's cultural venues include The Niepce Museum and Musee Denon. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chalon Cathedral and Maison des Vins.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Chalon-sur-Saone. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Saint Regis - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Centre can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Le Saint Georges - Our customers like the convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- Ibis Chalon Sur Saone Europe - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
A top sight outside the city is Chateau de Pommard, 15.8 mi/25.5 km from the centre of the city.
Getting around Chalon-sur-Saone
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Chalon sur Saône Station. Chalon-sur-Saone might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Chalon-sur-Saone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the night-time average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Chalon-sur-Saone gets about 695.60 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 0°C