Baga's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travelers and visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches, restaurants, and shopping. Visitors who journey to this welcoming, relaxing city can discover its monuments, bars, and dancing. A top attraction is Baga Beach.
- There are 41 Baga hotels
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, while August tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Goa (GOI-Dabolim), 13.5 mi (21.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Baga
- Notable for its monuments and landmarks to visit including Fort Aguada, Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception, and Basilica of Bom Jesus
- The beach and glaciers highlight the natural beauty, and Baga Beach, Anjuna Beach, and Calangute Beach are some places worth a visit
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Baga Night Market, Anjuna Flea Market, and Calangute Market
Baga is adjacent to Arpora. Popular sights in the area include Vagator Beach and Candolim Beach.
Staying in Baga
With 41 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Baga offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 35 hotels ranging from GBP 14 to GBP 94 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Colonia Santa Maria, averaging GBP 76.4/night
- Sun City Resort, averaging GBP 65.15/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Shining Sand Beach Hotel, averaging GBP 78.57/night
- La Sunila Suites, averaging GBP 62.05/night
A 3.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Shining Sand Beach Hotel with a 5 out of 5 user rating while La Sunila Suites and Colonia Santa Maria are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Baga
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, while the average at night is 24°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 31°C with nighttime averages of 24°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 34°C and nighttime averages of 20°C
- Average annual rainfall for Baga is 2606 millimetres