Search Hotels in Aqaba
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 Jun 2020
Reviewed on 20 Dec 2019
Travellers to Aqaba give high marks for the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's archaeological sites and cafes. Port of Aqaba, Dolphin Reef and Coral Beach Nature Reserve are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 87 hotels and other accommodation options in Aqaba
- The closest major airport is in Aqaba (AQJ-King Hussein Intl.), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Eilat (ETM-Ramon Intl.), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aqaba
The city is notable for landmarks like Sharif Hussein bin Ali Mosque, Early Islamic Ayla and Aqaba Fort. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Berenice Beach Club, Palm Beach and Aqaba Marine Park. Diving is a top activity, and Port of Aqaba is one place to visit.
In Al Burj, you can choose from 87 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Al Manara, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Saraya Aqaba - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Kempinski Hotel Aqaba Red Sea - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a private beach and 3 restaurants.
- Arab Divers - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with in-room LCD TVs. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to see outside the city include Dolphin Reef, located 4.1 mi (6.7 km) from the city centre, and Coral Beach Nature Reserve, which is 5.2 mi (8.4 km) away.
Dressing for Aqaba
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 40°C, whilst the average at night is 15°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 40°C with night-time averages of 22°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 35°C and night-time averages of 11°C
- Average annual rainfall for Aqaba is 64.80 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 40°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 10°C