Visitors can enjoy all that Aarau has to offer including the spas, parks and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants, museums and shopping. A top sight in the area is Sole Uno.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Aarau
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 24.6 mi (39.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Basel (BSL-EuroAirport), 27.8 mi (44.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aarau
The city's cultural venues include Aargau Art Museum and Naturama Aargau Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aarau Church and Kasino Park.
This is a top-rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Kettenbrücke - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
A popular place to see outside the city is Sole Uno, 16.1 mi/25.9 km from the heart of the city.
Getting around Aarau
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Aarau Station. Aarau might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Aarau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- About 908.20 millimetres of rain falls on Aarau each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -3°C