Visitors can enjoy all that Wingate has to offer including its shopping. Top sights in the area include EpiCentre, Spectrum Center and Bank of America Stadium.
- You'll find 865 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Charlotte
- The closest major airport is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional), 32.6 mi (52.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.), 33.5 mi (53.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wingate
Places to visit in the larger region include Treehouse Vineyards, Pebble Creek Golf Course and N.C.Korean War Memorial. You'll also find Olde Sycamore Golf Plantation and North Carolina Korean War Veterans Memorial in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Wingate, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Quality Inn & Suites Matthews - Charlotte is located 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from the heart of Wingate. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Matthews can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Charlotte I-485 at Highway 74E, NC is 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from central Wingate. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Matthews can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Sleep Inn Matthews-Charlotte is 19.2 mi (30.9 km) from the centre of Wingate. This 2.5-star hotel in Matthews features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Wingate
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 21°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Wingate is 1193 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C